Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dear HSU, you're dropped!

Dear HSU,

This break-up letter should come as no surprise nor cause any heartache to someone as cold hearted as you. Time and again I've tried to get you to show me how much you care. Time and again I've been rudely rebuffed.

I have emotions. I have needs. I have love to express. But, Mr. Selfish, you just don't care that you make me feel like my needs, emotions, and pay and disability benefits are just not important. Well news flash, HSU, they are! So, after years I'm ending this charade of a relationship in hopes of finding someone who is emotionally mature enough to take care of me like I need to be.

Don't come crawling back on your hands and knees asking me to get lubed up and on mine, because I don't have to put up with that from you or anyone.

You see, to me and people who aren't dead inside like you, our pay demands and death & disability benefits are reasonable requests. They let me know that I am special and very important to you. The ironic things is how you always talked of taking our relationship to the next level, but you're just a Union of words, not actions. You gave me lip service and I wanted my needs serviced. I mean, what's more intimate and meaningful than sweet beautiful cash? You can keep your vows and veils and rings and ceremonies. I want something that actually means something. A pay rise is infinitely more meaningful than a trip down the aisle. It says that what we have is something special, something so important to both of us that it can only be expressed by actions.

But no... you say its dirty. It's wrong. It goes against the god-almighty government. Well boo-fucking-hoo. To us in the real world with hearts that function, that's called love. You don't have to sugar coat it, I know how you really feel about me. Its obvious that you're just hiding behind those absurd reasons because I am not the one for you. I truly hope you find some other poor deluded fools that you can bend over, jelly up, and screw over completely.

But it ain't gonna be me. Sadly, my love, I've got better things to do than being screwed over again and again.

Love,

Realambo

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and if you want to know why you've been dumped, check out the votes and the comments here.

dicks

Anonymous said...

That's Fucken choice! Real Ambo.

Anonymous said...

Whilst this blog was writen with humour I to am disgusted by the poor representation and the self serving Officials of the HSU. I have taken the descision today to tender my resignation to the Union today.
It is my belief that there is a far better vehicle to use to achieve a more satisfactory outcome for the many issues that we face each day not the least of which is the inequity in our earnings.
Andrew McAlpine AO

Anonymous said...

I found it interesting that you believe that another union would be better than the one we are currently in. It shows lack of understanding on your behalf really.
If it is so bad than rather cry like a baby, become more proactive, get on the executive of the union and drive the car not whinge from the back seat.....are we there yet. My advice "harden the fuck up".

Chopper

Anonymous said...

M Williamson = H White Mk2 ...

Anonymous said...

guys/gals if you click the link on the right side of the page "enough is enough" (Blog Archive) this is the main posting area 170 comments

Anonymous said...

How many people do you get to your sub branch meetings, 6, 15 or every available officer?
It is a retoricle question because I know the answer- Less than 10% of your subbranch areas.

If we talk about changing from the HSU to another union, Do you realy think any extra people will attend? NO

If we take a stand and vote out your sub branch exec, will you run?
NO

ATTEND THE MEETINGS, RAISE A MOTION AND VOTE.
I HATE the HSU, UNIONS and the LABOUR PARTY, however I still attend meetings, raise motions and vote with balls.

Signed Kenzadick

Anonymous said...

I find it a waste of our money to be running a campaign where we are supposed to give post cards to our patients to post to the Minister. That is not part of our job to be making political staements and I think its an insult to our profession.
I vote a move to the AEA

Anonymous said...

Oh anonymous not a truer word was spoken!

With 20% of Ambo's afflicted by PTSD & Depression from overwork, underpay and just generally being treated like contemptuous shit wouldn't you think that the HSU would at the very least be the ones out there fighting for change.
For the arshole Chopper, you're living on another planet - how the hell do think people who are already psychologically damaged by the actions of the ASNSW going to "harden the fuck up".
Clearly you moron you belong in another profession to which your attitude is far better suited - perhaps GIO/TMF. They have a prerequisite as arshole to be employed!! You must be a real joy and support for your colleagues.
Like all union executives you have a political agenda, not one that cares!

Anonymous said...

An email I sent a few minutes ago is below. My experience with the HSU has cemented my negative opinion on unions and unfortunately for them I shall share this with many people in the future. I believe the saying goes "Provide good service and one person will know, provide bad service and ten shall know". Very true.


Dear Mr Williamson,

After failing to assist me with what your staff advises is an unpaid entitlement, neglect of my numerous phone calls, emails and written letter over a number of months, I wish to inform you of my immediate disassociation with the Health Services Union.

Never have I been more disappointed in the discrepancy between the services I am offered and that provided. The assurances of my attendance have not come to fruition, be it a positive or a negative result, and I will no longer pay a subscription for a failed service provider.

I ask that you immediately remove my name from your membership list.



Yours sincerely,

xxxxxx xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm not an Ambo but at the age of 33 i am now considering a career change. I am amazed at what I am reading about your union. So many complaints about what appears to be a totally inadequate representation of the front line staff. I sincerly hope you band together and get not only a deserved pay rise but form a representation body in which you actually get to vote and have your voice heard. From what i'm reading its very sad to see your union run by 'tow the party line' labour wannabes. Stand up for yourselves, your service and the community. Enough is enough!

Anonymous said...

Well after the recent collapse of the HSU's legal team at the IRC (along with terrible flogging they gave us) I have withdrawn my financial support for them. Like many I am no longer represented by the HSU and guess what? I am no worse off than when I was with them and paying for their disgusting representation especially with poor old rescue. Whats next? Stick to core business I hear all the time. So where does that leave SCAT, Coord, CBR, Ambo Liaisons, Rapid responders (no transport), education etc etc.
Well who knows what the management bozzo's have in mind....who's there to stop them anyway, especially in the next 3 months....and this used to be such a worthwhile profession. HSU.........YOUR SACKED!!!!!!